Sunday, March 21, 2010

Disneyland

























A few weeks ago I found myself contemplating about running over to Disneyland for 'one last trip'. We have annual passes that expire in April, and Tori is still free to get in until this summer....so I tell myself of course, that the trip is practically already paid for---and how can we not go?!
So, over Jimmy's Spring Break from school we went down to Disneyland for 3 days. The crowds were so lite that we never needed to use the FastPass system, we found ourselves not having to wait in long lines, and the kids had the chance to visit with any character that they wanted to. We were able to do everything that we wanted to 2-3 times each.

And, if that is not good enough, the kids were on their best manners! No temper tantrums, no crying, no being sick, no sunburns----Nothing! It was blissful. :)

Whenever we were on a ride that wasn't their favorite ride, they learned how to cope in their own way. Tori does not particularly like the beginning parts of the ride for Pirates or Haunted Mansion, so she would just close her eyes really tight, cover her ears with her hands, and bury her face into me. On the 'kiddie' rides, such as Small World, Jimmy would just lean his head back & say he was taking nap.

It was very fun to see how their personalities played out at Disneyland and I was very glad that we were able to go back for 'one last trip'. I told the kids that we would probably not go back to at least 2012 when all of the current and new construction is completed-----we'll see if we can last that long.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of the things that bums me out about living overseas--we don't get to go to Disneyland! However, we are contemplating a trip to Hong Kong Disney later this year. Not the same, but something.

    I'm jealous! I doubt my kids will we on best behavior there.

    ReplyDelete